2008年9月30日 星期二

SWOT analysis on myself

What is SWOT Analysis?

SWOT analysis is a basic, straightforward model that provides direction and serves as a basis for the development of marketing plans. It accomplishes this by assessing an organizations strengths (what an organization can do) and weaknesses (what an organization cannot do) in addition to opportunities (potential favorable conditions for an organization) and threats (potential unfavorable conditions for an organization). SWOT analysis is an important step in planning and its value is often underestimated despite the simplicity in creation. The role of SWOT analysis is to take the information from the environmental analysis and separate it into internal issues (strengths and weaknesses) and external issues (opportunities and threats). Once this is completed, SWOT analysis determines if the information indicates something that will assist the firm in accomplishing its objectives (a strength or opportunity), or if it indicates an obstacle that must be overcome or minimized to achieve desired results (weakness or threat) (Marketing Strategy, 1998).
SWOT Analysis By Anthony C. Danca

From: http://www.stfrancis.edu/ba/ghkickul/stuwebs/btopics/works/swot.htm



From: http://www.quickmba.com/strategy/swot/

SWOT analysis

SWOT Analysis is a strategic planning method used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in a project or in a business venture. It involves specifying the objective of the business venture or project and identifying the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. The technique is credited to Albert Humphrey, who led a research project at Stanford University in the 1960s and 1970s using data from Fortune 500 companies.
From Wikipedia

SWOT analysis on myself:

Strength (S)
I am pretty easygoing and I respect others’ views and opinion. When doing projects, I am good at listening to what my teammates have said and their ideas will be accepted if sensible. When getting along with my friends, I often pay a lot of attention to their feelings so that I can response and try to make them happier.
Morevoer, I am eager to learn new things as I believe that life is a never ending learning experience. I have the ability to learn new tasks and pick it up quickly.
Responsibility is also one of my personal characteristics. I am convinced that everyone has their duties and these tasks must be done well. That’s why I will put a lot of effort in doing my works to make it more perfect. Because it is what I need to do!

Weakness (W)
I use money unwisely and always overspend. I buy things without considering my financial situation. I will only find guilty after discovering that the things is not worth buying. I need to manage my money better and think twice before buying new things.
Sometimes, I do things without planning. I need to remind myself many times so that I won’t forget something important. From now on, I promised to be more organized and improve the time management of my jobs.
Honestly, I am an impatient person. I tend to lose my focus if topics are not interesting me. Besides, I can be distracted by others easily from my studies so I need to have a silent environment to do my works.

Opportunities (O)
Being a student studying in the Chinese University of Hong Kong, I have lots of chance to learn new know ledge and techniques form lectures and tutorials. Moreover, the University provides me with the opportunities to know people from different backgrounds. There are many foreign students come to CUHK through exchange program. Making friends with them can broaden my horizons. All these will be useful for me when working in the society.
I have a good relationship with my family members and I gain sufficient support from my parents. There is not much limitation to my study. I can enjoy my university life well.
As for engineering faculty, there is a valuable opportunity for me to receive Engineering Education as engineer is systemic profession. I hope to learn the way that engineers deal with issues in order to solve problems step by step.
Since my home is far away from CU, I have applied for hostel. It is a good chance for me to learn how to take care of myself. I can be more mature and become an independent individual after three year of university life.

Threats (T)
I have a lot of freedom in the University and there is nobody to restrain me form playing too much. Unlike studying in the secondary school, there are no teachers that keep on asking me to study harder. If I can’t control myself, my academic development will be ruined.
The knowledge taught by professors in the lecture may not be easy to understand. If my preparation for the lecture is not sufficient, I may find problems in learning it.
In today’s society, there are more and more people who have received tertiary education. In order to maintain competitive so as to find a good job, knowledge and skills learnt from engineering education is not enough. That’s why an all-round education is emphasized. Leadership and good communication are important for me if I want to have a remarkable success in my career.

沒有留言: